Social Media in the Workplace for Police Departments and other Law Enforcement Agencies
This 65-minute DVD features Dep. Chief Corey MacDonald, Esq., of the Portsmouth NH Police Department, Graduate of Kennedy School of Government, and National Speaker on technology issues for public employees. In this DVD, Dep. Chief MacDonald lays out the problem areas for police officers and departments when social media is involved. The DVD frames the issues and provides best practices for the following:
- Emails and internet activity – while at work
- Social networking such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, etc. – while at work, and while off duty
- 1st & 4th Amendment US Constitution – Your state constitution
- National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) – Arbitrators decisions
- and Procedures
- Employee Rights v. Employer Rights
- Union Activity
- Employer sponsored sites, i.e. Police Dept. Facebook sites
- Employee Posts and Liability
- What should never be posted on department site
- The Law – Right to Privacy – Freedom of Speech – Retaliation
- Court Decisions – Cell Phones and Computers
- Right to Sue after Retaliation
- Court Decisions
Free with your order!
You'll receive a 55-minute CD that contains a discussion of Privacy Rights for members of law enforcement and retaliation for exercising their freedom of speech rights. You'll also receive an accompanying CD that contains an interactive Quiz on the topics.
DVD Price: $85.00
"I have been a police officer for 17 years. I could listen to Chief MacDonald all day. He knows his stuff."
— A. Evans, Investigator, Winona Co. Sheriff's Office
for a printable version (pdf) to fax your order.
or click below to order using a credit card.