Coming & Going to School Abduction Prevention Training
Table of Contents
- Brief Background
- Discussion around Missing Children and School Violence
- Abduction Prevention Training
- NCIC Missing Person File Entry Criteria
- Disability <1% 175
- Endangered 1.5% 880
- Involuntary 3% 1700
- Juvenile 95% 57000
- Catastrophic 30 <.5%
Statistic of Active Case 0-17 Years of Age
- Endangered and Involuntary groups for abduction categories
- Juvenile category is primarily runaways
- Review of Statistics of Child Abductions
- Non Family Abduction & Murdered 1%
- Non Family Abduction & Found 4-8%
- Abduction by Family Member
- Runaways, Throwaways
- Review on various legislation
- Discussion on "Stranger / Danger Program"
- Child Abduction Murder Study discusses the focus of Stranger/Danger program is for Kindergarten to 3rd graders
- Homicide rates highest children 0-4 and 13-17 Years of Age
- As a Community "Are You Prepared"
- Always hear – "It's Never Going to Happen Here"
- Reviewed various scenarios
- Etan Patz, Abductions from School Bus Stops or Schools, Jimmy Ryce
- Link Between Missing Children and Sexual Predator is a Strong One
- What is a Human Predator? A person who might __________ a child.
- Approach, Threaten, Prey Upon, Molest, Attack, Exploit
- Discussion around: What's wrong with teaching children, 'don't talk to strangers?
- Two Types of Attacks
- Blitz Attack – Snatch and Run
- Confidence Attack - Lures
- Abduction Prevention
- General Strategies
- Always Check First
- Use Code Words
- Develop Safety Zones
- Learn How to Identify Alerts
- Fighting Back – when to resist, when to go
- Flight/Running – when to run/ yell for help
- How do we protect our Children
- Teach parents to review child's bus route
- Identify safe houses through school route
- Arrive at bus route on time
- Getting Home safely - practice
- Train your Child to be ALERT:
- Recognize the 'person'; Recognize the vehicle; can your child identify ALERTS; Practice "What If's"
- Resources to Obtain Information on Predators
- NCMEC - National Center Missing and Exploited Children 1-800-843-5678
- Provides a Crisis Plan; Missing and Abduction Chile Investigative Guide
- Jimmy Ryce Center - provide free blood hounds to law enforcement
- State Clearinghouses
- Child Abduction & Serial Killer Unit (ASKU)
- Summary on Creating a Program
DVD Price: $60.00
for a printable version (pdf) to fax your order.
or click below to order using a credit card.