Use of Pepperball Guns
Excessive Force Qualified Immunity
For the first time, U.S. Courts of Appeal have issued a decision setting forth the conditions needed to determine if the use of a pepperball gun involves the use of excessive force. There are also issues of qualified immunity for police officers who are sued under sec 1983 of the civil right act. This audio CD explores the implication of these decisions on police officers.
You will learn:
- The consequences for the use of a pepperball gun.
- The role of intentionality in the use.
- What is the two step test for qualified immunity?
- Under what conditions are police officers granted qualified immunity when using a pepperball gun?
- How to determine if force is excessive.
- Applying the Graham test to an invasion of Constitutional rights.
- Implications for Chiefs who refuse to investigate their misuse.
Includes a 17 minute audio CD with a PowerPoint presentation.
Featuring Henry M. Quinlan, Esq.
CD Price: $30.00
for a printable version (pdf) to fax your order.
or click below to order using a credit card.